Championship Host and Venue Management
GSBYRA is the organizing authority for GSBYRA Championships. Clubs that are members of GSBYRA volunteer as the venue and Race Committee for GSBYRA Championships and must conduct championship races in accordance with the rules specified for eligibility and conditions. Registration with Regatta Network and Notices of Race for GSBYRA Championships are linked to the event on the Schedule page. Questions about championships should be directed to the GSBYRA Championship Coordinator.
Club Race Committee Chairmen shall write Notices of Race and Sailing Instructions that follow the US Sailing template. GSBYRA requires that Notices of Race and Sailing Instructions be submitted to the Championship Coordinator and Officers of GSBYRA for approval at least six weeks prior to the event. Only approved Notices of Race and Sailing Instructions are linked to the event on the Schedule page at gsbyra.org.
GSBYRA requires that Notices of Race and Sailing Instructions for championships must state:
• Outside contact (includes advice, in-struction, or any type of outside assistance, including electronic communication devices) with competitors is prohibited commencing from arrival at the venue and continuing until released by the Protest Committee on racing days.
• Start time, start system, signals used
• Courses to be sailed
• How courses are identified
• The Low Point Scoring System of RRS Appendix A will apply and each boat’s score will be the total of her scores in all races.
GSBYRA requires the host clubs for GSBYRA Championships to provide:
• Race and Protest Committees
• Registration Committee
• Lunch with no charge
• Committee boat
• Mark set and Safety boats
• Marks, Signals, Horns
• Written Sailing Instructions
• Protest Forms
Host club Championship Race Committee Chairpersons and personnel for GSBYRA Championships must be familiar with Regatta Network registration and scoring for the event and must know their club password for wi-ficonnection. Each team member must be fully registered:
• Full name
• Full address
• Phone number
• Age according to date of birth
• US Sailing number
• Full name of club competitor represents
• Medical forms for juniors & midgets
• Entry fee paid:
$30 per single-handed entrant
$60 per double-handed team
$60 per triple-handed team and separate $125 Damage Deposit
GSBYRA reimburses host clubs $5 per competitor lunch.
Results of GSBYRA Championships will be linked to Regatta Network and to the Results page at gsbyra.org.
Winners of GSBYRA Championships must confirm with the GSBYRA Championship Coordinator that they will advance. Registration for Area B and US Sailing national championships is on line forwith Regatta Network..